Air Conditioning Service
At Elder & Paton you can book a Complete Air Conditioning Service below. Alternatively, you can book a free Check.
Elder & Paton Air Conditioning Scotland offers the most extensive Air Conditioning service available in Scotland which unlike many similar services includes:
- Temperature test checks
- Full visual Air Conditioning inspection
- Recovery of refrigerant
- Evacuation of air and moisture from the system
- Leak test on Air Unit
- Recharging to recommended levels, adding fresh system oil as necessary
- Air-conditioning cleaner to clear bacterial build up and remove any unpleasant smells.
You might have wondered how the air conditioning in your vehicle actually works, or maybe you haven't thought about it. If you are curious, let Elder & Paton Air Conditioning Specialists explain it to you. Air conditioning, conditions the air. As well as cooling the air, it also reduces the moisture content and the humidity. All air conditioners work the same if in a truck or in a car.
When you turn on the air conditioning in the car it reduces the number of miles per gallon of your car. There is energy used in removing the heat and moisture from the air in the car, and this consumes diesel and petrol because of the extra engine load.
Air conditioning systems are very convenient and very reliable on the whole. The main complaint of a problem will generally be no cool air or not enough cool air or funny smell. If you own an older car and its air conditioning system doesn't seem to be working very well , then this is a list of the possible reasons why?
NO COLD AIR
- Possible Refrigerant leak from any part of the system
- Drive belt loose slipping or broken
- Fuse blown or not good contact
- Expansion valve dirty needing cleaned or clogged receiver dryer or clogged liquid refrigerant line
- Expansion valve faulty
- Compressor not working or compressor clutch slip
NOT ENOUGH COLD AIR IN THE SYSTEM
- Partial refrigerant a possible slow leak from a part of the air conditioning unit
- Refrigerant needs to be re-charged charge
- Expansion valve clogged up with debris
- Compressor clutch possibly needs replaced or is slipping
- Condenser clogged with debris or dirt
- Evaporator clogged with oil or dirt
- Drive belt needs tightened
Air conditioning systems are very convenient and very reliable on the whole. The main complaint of a problem will generally be no cool air or not enough cool air or funny smell. If you own an older car and its air conditioning system doesn't seem to be working very well, then this is a list of the possible reasons why?
The bad smells can become not very nice. Normally the nose will become used to a bad smell after a while, and it is other passengers who notice when they get into your car. The bad odour is caused due to bacterial growth in the condensed water, and moss or fungal growths near the unit. The moist warm conditions are ideal for such growth of these horrible fungals
There are a two things you can do to avoid any expensive repair bills. First of all, make sure you have the air conditioning system checked regularly by reading your car handbook, And run the air conditioning in the winter months for two hours a month because it contains oil in the refrigerant to keep the compressor properly lubricated..
The air conditioning repairs are better to be repaired by Elder and Paton Perth. Apart from the BSI Kite Mark Approval, most body shops in our area do not own the special equipment and qualified staff to safely recharge the refrigerant.